Sunday, January 11, 2009

No Symphony for You!

Tonight we were supposed to be enjoying the Qatar Philharmonic Orchestra. Sadly, the concert was canceled. Word is that some folks thought that a celebration of music shouldn't occur with the situation in Gaza as it is. It's disappointing. So we are laying low at Denny's house.

We did have dinner with a couple of LeaderShape folks, Lindsay and Jill. We went to a place called Sarai for a really fantstic meal. We got lots of little plates and shared. I was happy to have the chance to spend some more time with these folks before we head back to the states.

Before dinner, we enjoyed massages at The Intercontinental's spa. Aaaaaah. It was fantastic. And did I mention that a 50 minute massage is only 40 U.S. dollars. Hello!!! If I lived here, I'd be getting at least one every week.

Tomorrow we are going Dune Bashing. We'll be riding in some 4-wheel drive vehicle and speed through the desert, over the dunes. Jeff is crazy excited about this adventure. I hope I don't die or throw up or cry like a baby. Keep an eye out for tomorrow's blog so you can find out!

No comments:

Post a Comment