Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Day 5 at LeaderShape

Today I had the opportunity to sit and listen to a group of participants talk about the situation on the Gaza Strip. It was fascinating and enlightening to hear the points of view from people living in Arab countries. It was also inspiring to hear the students talk about how they can work to make a difference in their own countries as well as work to unite all of the Arab countries. I am learning a lot about this part of the world. I'm also realizing how much I don't know and that I want to learn more.

I don't know if I mentioned it earlier, but the weather has been a bit cool here. Well, today it turned. It was warm and there was no breeze with the sun shining. It was beautiful and lightened everyone's spirits. It was nice to be outside, taking pics, dipping toes in the Gulf, and soaking up the sun. I hope tomorrow is the same way.

Off to dinner........

No comments:

Post a Comment